Oakmoore Flat Cap - 100% Genuine Harris Tweed
Our Oakmoor Flat Cap is sincere to the timeless classic. An essential wardrobe item in any country man or woman’s wardrobe, now made with premium 100% virgin wool.
So whether you are on the golf coarse, in the town or the countryside, this item is guaranteed to fit the occasion. Crafted to perfection – all the way from the hand-woven tweed to the manufacturing process. We have meticulously designed this hat for style whilst maintaining durability and quality.
Harris Tweed is a premium fabric hand-made in Scotland from pure virgin wool – meaning it has never been used before. It is widely considered one of the most luxurious fabrics in the world and is the only fabric actually protected by legislation to ensure top quality is maintained.
According to the act, Harris Tweed must be: “Handwoven by the islanders at their homes in the Outer Hebrides, finished in the Outer Hebrides, and made from pure virgin wool dyed and spun in the Outer Hebrides.” They are located in the North of Scotland, in the islands of Lewis, Harris, Uist and Barra.
Every roll produced has to be inspected by a member of the Harris Tweed Authority before it is hand-stamped and sent away for use.So if you are buying any Harris Tweed product, you can be sure it will be hand-crafted to perfection!
Your Oakmoor Cap will help keep your head warm during the colder months with its solid feel and deep fit. It's also suitable during warmer months due to its natural lightweight and breathability. With a stiffened peak to keep the Sun out your eyes.
We have included a ribbed sweatband to help soak up perspiration – it also prevents an itchy head due to contact with the wool.
- 100% Authentic Harris Tweed – hand-woven in the Western Isles of Scotland. Known as one of the most luxurious fabrics in the world.
- Renewable source – the sheep grow their woollen fleece back every year so it is a renewable source. Wool production also creates a low amount of carbon emissions.
- Water-Resistant – it is water-resistant as it can absorb up to 30% of its weight in moisture without soaking through.
- Resistant to creases and wrinkles – you won’t have to worry about your tweed garment creasing or wrinkling due to its natural elasticity.
- Outer shell is made from 100% Pure Virgin Wool.
- Internal Lining is made from 100% quilted satin.
- Stitched down peak.
- Grosgrain ribbed sweatband.
- Genuine Harris Tweed labels.
- Removable Harris Tweed seam label.
Hand-wash or dry-clean only to maintain quality.